Hasenhuttl expects Keita stay

Hasenhuttl expects Keita stay

Hasenhuttl expects Keita stay

Liverpool have been told to forget about signing Naby Keita after RB Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenhüttl assured that the midfielder will "100% stay" with the Bundesliga side next season.

Liverpool had been tracking the Guinea midfielder all summer and had two bids rejected by the Bundesliga runners-up - the second of which was worth €75 million, according to owner Dietrich Mateschitz.

Leipzig sporting director Rangnick recently stated that he believes the 22-year-old Guinea global is being poorly advised and insists too many outside people are offering their thoughts on his future.

Jurgen Klopp has joked that Liverpool will lodge a bid for Naby Keita that would more than triple the current world-record fee.

Keita scored eight goals in 31 appearances last season to help Leipzig qualify for the Champions League for the first time.

Speaking to Sky Deutschland, he said with a smile: "Our next offer for Keita is €300million!".

Alexander Gustafsson issues call-out to Jon Jones after UFC 214 victory
Brock Lesnar has hit back at Jon Jones after the newly crowned light-heavyweight UFC champion called him out. That fact has not been lost on Jon Jones , no doubt, who addressed the callout after the fight on Saturday.

Japan to impose emergency tariffs on USA frozen beef
According the Wall Street Journal , this is the first time that such a tariff has been instituted on USA beef in 14 years. Finance Minister Taro Aso announced the move Friday, saying he was prepared to explain the decision to the US side.

US Treasury Accuses Exxon Mobil Of 2014 Violation Of Russia Sanctions
The same month that Exxon signed the deals, Tillerson said the company generally opposes sanctions and finds them "ineffective". A few days later, Tillerson was unambiguous about Exxon's opposition to the sanctions during his company's annual meeting.

Asked after Leipzig's 1-0 loss to Sevilla at the Emirates Cup on Saturday whether there was still a chance the club's stance could soften, Hasenhuttl said: "The chance is zero". It's 100 per cent clear that Naby will play this year in Leipzig.

It remains to be seen how Rangnick's latest comments affect his relationship with Keita, who many expect to leave the east German city next summer at the very latest when his £48m release clause comes into effect.

"We stated at the start of the transfer window that we would begin next season with the players who finished the last and nothing has changed.

They will finish their transfer activities and that is okay for me".

'Everyone can see how important Naby Keita is with our game. We have very young players and I think for them it is very important to play the first year in the Champions League as a team. "Until next summer we will keep it closed and then we will have a look". "I think he is more focused than previous year".

Related news